In the USA, the massage industry is worth a whopping $18 billion. According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), 19% of American adults receive a massage at least once a year from one of the 400,000 massage therapists in the country. The fact that there is an association for massage proves how mega this industry has become.
There are many reasons for getting a massage, but the most common is alleviating stress and relieving pain. If this is true, then CBD massage oil could be a real game-changer in this market.
In fact, the option for a CBD oil massage is being offered in an increasing number of spas across the country. But does this product add a real benefit, or is it just a way for massage therapists to add an extra $40 to the bill (not including tips!)?
Read this detailed guide to learn everything there is to know.
What Is CBD Massage Oil?
CBD massage oil is exactly what it sounds like. It has the same base as any other massage oil, featuring essential oils and various lubricating ingredients. However, it’s infused with the critical therapeutic cannabinoid: CBD.
These are a type of CBD topical, which means the lotion is applied to the skin rather than ingested. Unlike a tincture, CBD oil for massages only impact things closer to the surface; i.e. skin, muscles, and joints.
How To Conduct The Perfect Massage Using CBD Oil
When visiting a spa that offers a CBD massage, nothing will change compared to a routine visit. However, if you purchase a CBD massage oil online to use at home with a partner, here are some tips:
- Make sure you read the product label before use. It’s essential to understand how and when to use CBD products and how much cannabidiol is contained within the bottle. This will indicate to the user how much to pour out, and tip you off to any ingredients that might be harmful to sensitive skin.
- Set the mood. Dim the lights, put on some scented candles or a wax melt, and pick a relaxing playlist. A massage works best when the client (or your partner) is totally relaxed, so make sure to get into the right headspace.
- Make sure the skin is clean and dry. To get the most out of a CBD massage oil, it’s best to hop in the shower to wash off sweat, dirt, and debris. If you’re short on time, wipe the area clean with a damp cloth, freeing the space for CBD to work.
- Apply a generous amount of CBD massage oil to the skin and begin to massage gently. If this is entirely new to you, try checking out some tutorials on YouTube that tell you where (and where not) to apply pressure for the ultimate massage.
- When the massage is over, wipe away excess oil. The masseuse should wash their hands thoroughly, as some products contain ingredients that can irritate the eyes.
CBD Massage Oil Benefits
Currently, there are no studies that focus explicitly on the benefits of CBD massage oils. However, since it’s the same active ingredient that’s used in other CBD products, it’s possible to make some assumptions about general effects. When a user applies a CBD massage oil to the skin, active cannabinoids penetrate the upper layers of the epidermis and target cannabinoid receptors close to the surface.
For this reason, massage oils can be really useful – and incredibly beneficial. They are exceptionally bioavailable, with transdermal application considered especially effective.
And of course, we shouldn’t forget about the general therapeutic benefits of a massage. Some of these benefits include:
- Alleviating muscle tension
- Improving circulation
- Stimulating the lymphatic system
- Reducing stress hormones
- Improving skin tone
- Increasing joint mobility
- Relaxing the client
Add to that the benefits of CBD, and you’re in for a very relaxing massage. CBD massage oils also contain essential oils that give off a relaxing vibe, such as floral lavender and lemon-lime. Essential oils can deepen the relaxation experience, and lead to a better-quality massage overall.
Summary on CBD Massage Oil Products
CBD massage oil is an excellent product, and there’s little surprise why it’s becoming so popular in the industry. Combining the general tension-relieving benefits of a massage with the therapeutic benefits of CBD is an act of genius, and one that many CBD users are coming to love.
Here at Premium Jane, we offer a range of top-quality topicals like our famous cocoa butter salve – which is perfect for an indulgent, intimate massage experience. Be sure to check out the full range right here on the official Premium Jane site.