CBD Products: Understanding Your Options
When shopping around for CBD products, it’s hard to ignore the multitude of options you have. Upon first hearing about CBD oil, it’s likely that you went online to try a bottle for yourself, only to discover that there are a whole load of other options on top of just sublingual oils. Capsules, topicals, gummies… The list goes on and on!
Choosing the perfect product for you can be difficult. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages, and that is what you need to understand throughout your decision-making process.
In today’s post, we will be giving you the low-down on all the best CBD products you could possibly buy. Once you see the pros and cons of each, we hope you’ll be able to make your decision with complete satisfaction and confidence.
Why Are There So Many CBD Products?
As you probably already know, CBD food supplements are intended to help you maintain your health and wellbeing. Health is something that is very personal and is experienced on a highly individual basis; taking care of ourselves effectively requires knowing ourselves inside out and being able to carry out actions that make us feel healthy.
Food supplements are a great way for many of us to keep a healthy lifestyle. They are quick and easy to take, and they provide our bodies with a nutritional boost. However, most supplements come in the form of a capsule or a dissolvable tablet that you add to your drink. This is where cannabidiol really starts to excel.
The CBD industry is lucky in that it is able to provide consumers with all the choices they need for a personalized CBD experience. There are plenty of different products to fit around a variety of different lifestyles and needs. Whatever you want to get out of introducing CBD oil into your diet, you will find a way to achieve it thanks to the variety of products.
So, without further ado, here are the most popular types of CBD product you can purchase.
CBD Oils: The Mainstay
CBD oils are the gold standard of the cannabidiol industry. They are probably what you first heard of when somebody mentioned CBD to you.
Basically, a CBD oil is hemp extract infused into a carrier oil, such as MCT oil. You take a CBD oil by filling up the dropper that comes attached to the bottle and placing a few drops of oil under your tongue. Hold the oil there for around a minute, and then swallow.
While the CBD is in your mouth, it is absorbed into the bloodstream via capillaries in the mouth. The effects of the CBD can start taking place within around 15 minutes, meaning that this method is very effective.
Some people find that they dislike the taste of CBD oil. The hemp extract used to make it can taste ‘earthy’ and ‘raw’. Luckily, there are some flavored varieties of CBD oil available online; our Premium Jane CBD oils come in Natural, Mint and Citrus flavors.
Another large advantage of CBD oils is that you can measure out the dose yourself. Using the dropper, you can calculate how much oil to take in order to take a specific amount of CBD. For newcomers to CBD, this is perfect – it gives you the opportunity to play around with doses and see which you like best, as well as ensuring that low doses don’t cause any side effects for you.
Here is a small summary of the pros and cons of CBD oil:
CBD Oil Pros:
- Fast and effective delivery of CBD to the ECS.
- The dose can be changed and altered as you see fit. This gives you complete freedom over the strength of the CBD you are taking.
- Usually available in a wider variety of strengths than other products.
- Easy to take once you get the hang of it.
- Buying an oil can be quite versatile. Although you are supposed to take them sublingually, oils can be added to food or applied directly to the skin as well.
CBD Oil Cons:
- Natural-flavored CBD oil can have a bitter and acquired taste.
- Bottles of oil are not the most convenient to carry around; they are also not subtle if you plan to take CBD in public.
- Some people would prefer to have a pre-measured dose.
CBD Oil Price: All of our CBD oils are priced between $54 and $135.
CBD Capsules: The Easy Solution
Capsules are an incredibly easy way to take CBD. For those who don’t enjoy the taste of CBD oil, these are really the perfect solution.
A CBD capsule is exactly what it sounds like. They resemble a traditional pill or soft gel capsule, only they are infused with hemp extract and CBD. These are more like traditional food supplements that you might be used to. In this way, capsules are ideal for older members of the family who want a consumption method that they are familiar with.
As you can imagine, capsules are incredibly convenient and easy to take. You can carry a small capsule tub on the go, and taking them simply requires swallowing one capsule with a glass of water. They are tasteless, and also contain a pre-measured dose of CBD so that you don’t need to worry about doing that yourself.
You should note, however, that the range of strengths tends to be more restricted with capsules. As a result, they may not be ideal for newcomers to CBD who are wanting to try a lower dose.
CBD Capsules Pros:
- Tasteless capsules provide an easy, convenient way to take CBD without the hassle of dropping an oil under your tongue.
- They can be consumed on the go and carried around without worry of anything leaking in your bag.
- Ideal for older family members and those looking for a more traditional consumption method.
- Pre-measured dose means that all the work of measuring has been done for you.
CBD Capsules Cons:
- Bioavailability is lower with capsules and ingestibles. This means that your body won’t be able to make as much use of the CBD as it would with a sublingual oil.
- A more limited number of strength options means that they may not be suited to everyone (we only sell capsules containing 25 mg of CBD per pill).
CBD Capsules Price: Premium Jane CBD Capsules cost $89 for 750mg of CBD in total.
CBD Topicals: The Luxurious Option
Topicals are becoming a hot topic in the CBD industry – excuse the pun! They are quite different to other forms of CBD, but they still have their place in the market.
A CBD topical refers to a lotion, salve, or balm infused with CBD and hemp extract. You simply apply the product directly to your skin, just as you would with a normal moisturizing cream or beauty product.
You might be wondering what the precise benefit is here, as CBD topicals are not really a “food” supplement. Although the CBD cannot interact with your whole body and boost general health, it still has access to the endocannabinoid system through the skin. As a result, it may be able to contribute to skin health.
There are many ingredients that can go into CBD topicals, depending on what the manufacturer is aiming for. Topicals often include moisturizing ingredients like Shea butter. CBD skincare is a growing sector that consumers are just loving, so be sure to check out the skin-loving CBD products you can find online.
CBD Topicals Pros:
- Ideal for those who love to have a skincare routine or those who have dry skin and want to use a high-quality moisturizing balm.
- A good introduction to gentle amounts of CBD.
- Athletes also enjoy CBD topicals, as there are plenty out there which are designed to soothe muscles with cooling ingredients like eucalyptus.
CBD Topicals Cons:
- As topicals are not really food supplements, they don’t have an effect on your general well-being.
- If you are looking for large doses of CBD, then topicals are unlikely to be the place to look.
CBD Topicals Price: Premium Jane CBD topicals cost between $84 to $129.
CBD Gummies: The Delicious Treat
The last product we are going to talk about is CBD gummies. There are various CBD edibles available online, but gummies are by far the most popular.
Usually, CBD gummies come in the form of gummy bears infused with CBD and hemp extract. They contain added flavorings, usually fruity ones, to make them extra delicious and a delight to eat. Similarly to capsules, the CBD in gummy bears will take longer to reach your system and will not be as readily bioavailable.
Gummy bears remain a popular option because they are so tasty and discrete. Like capsules, they can easily be carried on the go and consumed discretely in public. They are easy to take and a lot more delicious than CBD oil.
CBD gummies tend to come in a limited variety of strengths, like capsules. This being said, gummies can easily be cut in half to halve the dose of CBD.
CBD Gummies Pros:
- So delicious, it’s hard not to eat the whole container!
- The dose can be halved, unlike with capsules.
- Easy to carry around and consume on the go; they are also subtle for taking in public.
CBD Gummies Cons:
- Less bioavailability when compared to CBD oils.
- A more limited variety of potencies are available to purchase.
CBD Gummies Price: Premium Jane Vegan CBD Gummy Bears cost $65 for 750 mg in total of CBD.
How Do I Choose Which Product is Best for Me?
Making the decision about which CBD product to buy is an individual choice. Only you can decide on the perfect product to suit you and your family.
It is simply a matter of deciding what is convenient for you. Capsules and gummies are by far the quickest and simplest options, but some people like the experience of taking sublingual CBD oils as a means of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Whatever your individual preferences, you can be sure that there is a CBD product for you out there somewhere.