It’s possible to find CBD in everything nowadays. From bath bombs and body lotions to gummy bears and vape pens, consumers have many choices when it comes to cannabinoid consumption. Most people use CBD as a daily supplement, but this routine can quickly become a dreaded chore if you don’t enjoy the product.
Chocoholics will adore the idea of CBD chocolate. This product is exactly what it sounds like: chocolate infused with CBD. However, you may be wondering whether this is actually a useful product or whether it’s just a marketing gimmick. Plus, there are other potential issues – does it have the bitter hemp aftertaste?
If you’re a chocolate-lover, read on to learn about CBD chocolate, including how to make it yourself at home.
CBD Chocolate Edibles: What Types Are Available?
There are lots of types of CBD chocolate available, and manufacturers may produce it in different ways. Typically, CBD chocolates contain the same CBD oil you can find in tincture form. The manufacturer creates it by mixing the CBD tincture, usually containing coconut oil, into the melted chocolate before forming it into its desired shape.
It’s possible to find CBD chocolate selection boxes on the market, as well as tubs of chocolate cubes. The classic CBD chocolate bar remains a popular option, offering a designated amount of CBD per square.
Whatever the format, the method of consumption is the same. Part of the joy of CBD chocolates is that they differ from other CBD edibles. Whereas you would chew and swallow a CBD gummy bear, you can allow CBD chocolate to melt beneath the tongue, creating a cross between the sublingual method of a tincture and the oral form of an edible. It makes CBD chocolates a potentially effective and fast-acting option compared to gummies.
The flavor depends on the specific brand. Just like your favorite brands of chocolate have a unique flavor, CBD companies can also produce quality chocolate bars with their own profiles. CBD chocolate comes in dark, milk, and white varieties, and some brands will flavor their bars with vanilla, nuts, and other additions.
Depending on the strength of the chocolate bar, you may get a slight aftertaste of hemp. Some manufacturers add extra sweeteners, like honey, to get around that.
If you can’t find a CBD chocolate bar to your tastes online, don’t be afraid to play chocolatier at home and get creative; there’s a recipe later in this article.
CBD Chocolate Effects
The effects of a CBD chocolate bar are very similar to any other consumption method. As a result, they can vary from person to person. Most CBD users say that CBD consumption helps them feel relaxed and calm, allowing them to unwind from stress.
There are numerous motivations for people to use CBD, but the overall outcome is support for your general wellbeing. As a result, CBD is best consumed regularly – a small amount each day is ideal.
Due to the consumption method, CBD chocolate may not take effect as quickly as tinctures or vapes. Instead, it could take longer to feel the effects; with most edibles, you might be waiting 1-2 hours.
The effects, how long they take to appear, and how long they last, depend on the strength of the CBD and the user’s tolerance. It would be best to begin with a small amount to see how you feel; we recommend starting with tinctures, so it’s easy to adjust the dose, before moving onto something more rigid like CBD chocolate.
How to Make CBD Chocolate
You can make your own CBD-infused chocolate at home. It may be a cheaper way of doing things, and it also allows you to curate this sweet treat to your personal tastes. Furthermore, you get to decide whether to use full-spectrum CBD, an isolate, or so on.
This CBD chocolate recipe uses a full-spectrum CBD tincture. However, feel free to use whatever cannabinoid blend you desire.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CBD oil of your choice
You will need to calculate how much CBD oil you need based on your required dosage. It’s best to use a higher strength tincture rather than adding more oil, as this can affect the consistency, texture, and taste of the chocolate.
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water, then place a heatproof bowl into the top; it should fit snugly. Alternatively, use a double boiler if you have one.
- Over low-medium heat, add the coconut oil into the bowl. When half of the coconut has melted, add the chocolate, and keep stirring to fully integrate the two. Do not allow it to burn.
- When everything is melted together, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool, but do not let it harden.
- Stir in the honey, vanilla extract, and CBD oil.
- Line a baking tin or mold of the desired size, then pour in the chocolate. Shake it slightly and even it out with a spatula so it sits smoothly.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until solidified, then cut into the desired number of pieces.
Final Thoughts on CBD Chocolate
CBD chocolate is a delicious product; it’s not surprising that it is growing in popularity. There are many different types, including deluxe chocolate bars, CBD hot chocolate stirrers, and more. If you cannot find your preferred chocolate type online, then it’s even possible to make CBD chocolate at home.
There is lots to love about this tasty snack, but it is perhaps not the best product to start with when trying CBD for the first time. Start with something adjustable, such as a tincture, to find out the appropriate daily amount for you. Then, when you’re experienced in CBD and listening to your body, feel free to snack on a melt-in-the-mouth, chocolatey treat each day.
- 300mg CBD Facial Night Cream (50ml)$28.00Add to cartRated 4.71 out of 531 reviews
- Contains Retinol, Caviar Oil, and Collagen
- Apply nightly on clean skin
- Made in the USA
- Apply daily to face and Neck
- For use with Premium Jane CBD Face Wash
- 3000mg Lemon Lime CBD Tincture (60ml)$199.00Add to cartRated 4.61 out of 528 reviews
- 3000 mg total CBD content per 2 oz bottle
- Made exclusively from USA-grown hemp
- Sourced from organic, genetically-selected plant material
- Lemon Lime-flavored CBD Oil (60ml)
- Trusted across the USA for the most authentic CBD experience
- 50mg Lavender CBD Bath Bomb (5oz)$10.99Add to cartRated 4.66 out of 559 reviews
- Aromatic and soothing
- Fresh, naturally relaxing fragrance
- Rigorously tested for quality
- Made from USA-grown hemp