Making the Best CBD Coffee
CBD coffee is one of the latest industry trends, and it looks like it’s here to stay. We can see why – coffees are delicious and energizing, and they provide a great way to take daily CBD. You can purchase CBD coffee online, but it’s more fun to try and make your own.
Today, we will be giving you five recipes for amazing CBD lattes that will impress your guests. They’re also perfect for snuggling up alone or with your partner. But first, what is CBD coffee?
What Is ‘CBD Coffee’?
CBD coffee is pretty much what it sounds like: CBD-infused coffee. Often, it comes in the form of pre-infused coffee granules you can use to make instant coffee. However, it can also refer to coffee with added CBD oil.
Recently, CBD coffee shops have been popping up in places where CBD is widely accepted. It seems like a great idea at first – CBD is a health supplement, and coffee is a staple food for many of us. But it begs the question of whether it’s really safe to add CBD to coffee.
Can You Put CBD in Your Coffee?
CBD oil is widely regarded as safe. Although it doesn’t yet have FDA approval, the World Health Organization insists that it is well-tolerated and non-toxic. On its own, CBD doesn’t appear to pose any serious risk.
CBD-infused coffee is another matter. Since coffee contains the stimulant caffeine, people may feel nervous about combining it with another compound. It’s good to question the safety of this, but the reality is that it’s fine to combine CBD and coffee.
In fact, many proponents of CBD coffee say that they are less likely to experience caffeine jitters when their cup of Joe contains CBD. Rather than being dangerous, CBD coffee is said to be an excellent energizer that can enhance focus and brighten your day.
Tips for Making CBD Coffee
When making a CBD coffee, there are two essential ingredients: CBD oil and coffee. But there is one more ingredient you may not expect.
CBD is hydrophobic, meaning it doesn’t mix into water. Although you can now buy nano-CBD or liposomes, CBD oils themselves will not blend with a coffee. As a result, you need some kind of fat with the oil can bond with. In the case of coffee, this fatty substance will be milk.
It might actually be more accurate to call CBD coffee a CBD latte since the end result will be milky and creamy. Lattes can be really fun to make, and you can really play around with the flavors. Below, we give you five CBD latte recipes for all seasons and weathers. Some don’t even contain caffeine, so there’s something for all to enjoy.
CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
Looking for a fall favorite latte to spice up your life? This pumpkin spice latte is bound to be your new Halloween go-to.
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of milk (of choice)
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup of coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Brown sugar, to taste
- CBD oil of choice
- Whisk the milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar together in a pan. You’ll probably want at least 1 tablespoon of sugar, and you can always add more later.
- Cook over medium heat, but don’t let it boil. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and CBD oil. You only need a few drops of oil, or the mixture will separate.
- Whisk in the coffee until the mixture becomes frothy. Heat for a further minute until it’s hot, then divide between mugs.
- For decoration, you can add whipped cream a little nutmeg.
CBD Chocolate Latte
If you have a sweet tooth, this one is for you. A chocolate delight makes it super easy to take your daily dose of CBD. But be careful – this one’s indulgent!
- 2 cups of coffee, already brewed
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- CBD oil of choice
- First off, make sure you have the coffee ready brewed.
- Add the coffee to a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in all the other ingredients, apart from the syrup, and mix together well. Add the syrup in last.
- Stir often for approximately five minutes until the latte is well-heated.
CBD Mint Mocha Latte
For a light and refreshing latte with a holiday twist, this Mint Mocha Latte recipe is perfect. This one requires a flavored CBD oil, but you can substitute an unflavored variety.
- 2 cups of coffee, already brewed
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 ounce of dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-2 drops of peppermint oil
- Mint CBD oil
- Crushed peppermint sticks, for garnish
- Brew your coffee as you usually would, then combine it with ¼ cup of milk in a saucepan.
- Add in the sugar, cocoa, and chocolate. Cook for around four minutes, stirring often until the chocolate melts. Don’t let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Add in the peppermint oil and the CBD oil, and stir again. Remove from heat.
- Pour the remaining ¼ cup of milk into a microwave-safe container with a lid. Shake vigorously until the liquid becomes frothy – it should double in volume. Remove the cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Distribute the coffee mixture among mugs, not to the top, and top each cup up with the milk foam.
- For garnish, you can add whipped cream and crushed peppermint candy canes.
CBD Infused Hojicha Latte
In case you didn’t know, hojicha is a type of delicious green tea. The leaves are roasted to give a nutty, sweet taste. It’s perfect for lattes, and we think you’ll love this one.
- 1 teaspoon of hojicha powder
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- CBD oil
- Brew the hojicha tea. The powder can be mixed into hot water. Alternatively, you can use loose leafed tea, which will require a tea strainer.
- Froth the milk using a milk frother or the technique described above (step 4). The difference is that you should add in a few drops of CBD oil during frothing.
- Pour the frothed milk into the hojicha tea.
Minty Iced Hemp Oil Latte
Craving a latte in the summertime? The answer is an iced latte! This minty hemp oil latte is refreshing and chilling, so get ready to feel super cool.
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, chopped
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 drop spearmint oil
- 1 cup ice
- Mint CBD oil
- Sweetener, to taste
- Combine all ingredients apart from the ice and CBD oil in a blender and blend for 60-90 seconds.
- Add the ice and pulse for 30 seconds to chill.
- Add the CBD oil and pulse briefly – enough to mix it in thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Final Thoughts on CBD Coffee
It’s easy to see why CBD coffee is so popular. If you’re looking for a tasty and fun way to take CBD, then be sure to give the above five recipes a try. We’re sure you’ll love them!
Got a CBD recipe of your own? Let us hear it in the comments!
- Sale! 750mg CBD Gummies (25mg CBD per Gummy) (3-Pack)
$165.00Add to cartRated 4.65 out of 531 reviews
- No animal products
- Laboratory tested for safety, purity, and potency
- Free from pesticides, solvents, and chemical fertilizers
- 25mg CBD per gummie