As the CBD market explodes, the number of consumption methods is steadily increasing. Initially, consumers could only use a CBD oil and place droplets directly into the mouth. Not all CBD oils taste super great, so some people attempted to conceal the flavor by adding the drops to a food or drink. Now, CBD users are blessed with much more choice.
One of the considerable niches in this ever-expanding market is CBD skincare. Skincared products include anything that is applied topically instead of consumed. For example, you can find CBD creams, CBD bath bombs, and now, CBD lip balm. We’ll be giving you all the details on CBD chapstick today, so stay tuned to find out if this could be a product for you.
What is the Point of CBD Lip Balm?
At this point, you might be wondering whether CBD lip balm has any real or practical purpose. If you’re not consuming the CBD, then what does it really do?
As it turns out, topical CBD applications can indeed be quite practical. Since you are applying CBD to a specific area, it can target localized endocannabinoid receptors easily and efficiently. When you apply a CBD lip balm, you’re actually targeting cannabinoid receptors in this specific region. It might be strange to think about, but cannabinoid receptors are literally everywhere throughout your body – even in your lips!
It’s hard to predict specific CBD lip balm effects because they tend to differ so much from person to person. However, one of the main (and most obvious) reasons people try CBD chapstick is because they have dry or severely cracked lips. In addition to the CBD, most of the balms out there on the current market contain a variety of moisturizing ingredients that can help to fight against chapped lips.
Of course, the effectiveness of CBD for dry lips has not been scientifically proven. There are plenty of studies regarding CBD and what its potential effects can offer, but the reality is that what works for a friend, might not work for you. At the end of the day, however, there’s certainly no harm in trying a quality CBD lip balm.
Chapped and Dry Lips: Causes and Best Treatment
If you have chapped lips, then there’s no need to worry – it’s pretty normal. Multiple factors can contribute to dry and cracked lips, and it’s not necessarily a sign of bad health or poor self-care. That said, you may feel insecure if your lips have a chapped or ultra-dry appearance.
Here are some of the most common causes of chapped, cracked lips:
- Weather: Certain weather conditions, such as cold temperatures, wind, or dry and hot climates, can cause your lips to dry up and crack.
- Dehydration: You can become dehydrated in multiple ways. Not drinking enough water is the key culprit, but also drinking too much alcohol, too many sugary drinks, or too much tea or coffee can also lead to dehydration.
- Nutrient Deficiency: Lacking in Vitamin B can cause cracked lips, as well as rashes and spots.
- UV Damage: If you live somewhere with frequent exposure to harmful UV rays, then you might want to try wearing some UV protection on your lips (like a quality CBD chapstick!).
- Bad Habits: Constantly licking your lips can dry them out pretty quickly. Make an effort to leave them alone!
Most of these causes have simple and obvious fixes. For example, if dehydration is the underlying cause, then usually you just need to drink more water. (And perhaps lay off the soda, too!). With a nutrient deficiency, you might consider taking a Vitamin B supplement, or altering your diet to incorporate more of this vitamin.
When it comes to the weather and UV damage, many folks opt for a lip balm. Preferably, the balm will have some kind of UV protection, too. Of course, a CBD chapstick or even something like a fancy CBD lip gloss can be super handy to carry around with you. The lip balm can re-hydrate your lips and also provide protection, whatever the weather.
CBD Lip Balm Benefits
Most CBD balm sticks we see are made using natural ingredients like beeswax. The high-quality ingredients ensure that a CBD lip balm can coat your lips without leaving them feeling greasy and unpleasant. Of course, you also get the added benefit of the cannabidiol extract.
As we mentioned previously, the CBD in the balm can target endocannabinoid receptors in the skin. Scientists are still researching precisely how this reaction works and what it causes, but some users have seen positive results when using a CBD oil lip balm. Of course, this could simply be down to the presence of moisturizing ingredients in the balm. It’s hard to say whether a CBD lip balm will work for everyone, but the reality is a lot of folks out there are asking the following question:
Does CBD Lip Balm Work?
As we see more CBD lip balm products appear on the market, it’s logical for people to wonder whether it actually works. Why buy CBD lip balm if you can buy a cheaper one without any cannabidiol?
Well, a CBD lip balm could offer a few potential benefits. Some of the hemp extract oil that’s used to make CBD products contains vitamins A, C, and E, which are are known to promote a healthy glow and provide positive benefits on the skin. So long as you look for a CBD lip balm that contains hemp oil, you should be able to make use of these ingredients.
Our lips actually lack oil glands, meaning they don’t produce their own oils (unlike the rest of your skin). This is the main reason why they are prone to chapping while other parts of the body are not. A quality hemp oil lip balm can provide your lips with the oils they need to stay thoroughly hydrated.
Final Thoughts on CBD Lip Balm
All things considered, CBD lip balm is one of the newest products on the market, and it’s certainly proving to be popular among users. Most of us have at least one lip balm, and some of us even carry multiple just in case one goes missing! With this new product, you can now make at least one of your lip balms a CBD-infused variety.
It’s difficult to concretely say what the benefits of CBD lip balm are. Your experience with CBD topicals will probably be unique, but that said, there are plenty of products out there that come in different scents and with different ingredients. Try to look for a product containing hemp oil, beeswax, coconut oil, and essential oils for the skin.
- 50mg Almond Coconut CBD Bath Bomb – 5oz$10.99Add to cartRated 4.67 out of 533 reviews
- Relaxing, refreshing, moisturizing formula
- Safe, effective, premium grade hemp extract
- Lab-verified for content and purity
- Sourced from US-grown hemp
- Same day shipping on most orders
- CBD Capsules – 750mg [25mg CBD per Capsule]$75.00Add to cartRated 4.72 out of 593 reviews
- 100% Organic
- Lab tested for pesticides, herbicides, solvents and chemical fertilizers
- Full-spectrum hemp blend
- Non-psychoactive (contains 0.3% THC or less)
- 600mg Citrus CBD Tincture – 1 oz / 30mL$85.00Add to cartRated 4.76 out of 567 reviews
- Subtle, citrus flavor
- Sourced from 100% organic Kentucky hemp
- Vegan, non-GMO
- Certified to be free from any pesticides, herbicides, solvents, heavy metals, or chemical fertilizers
- Non-intoxicating hemp formula (less than 0.3% THC)
- Lab tested for safety, purity, and potency